How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rossi Your Own Question
Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have been married for 13 years. He and I

Resolved Question:

My husband and I have been married for 13 years. He and I both enjoy sex. He wants to have sex a few times a day. I often enjoy sex with him, but usually have to satisfy myself in the end because he does want to do what I tell him feels better to me in order to reach climax. He says that I should be glad that he loves to make love to me so often. He also says that it is often to painful for him to climax during intercourse because he is largley endowed. We can have enjoyable sex till I climax then he wants to continue for a long while having very painful sex because he is a bit rough and likes certain possitions better that fit him physically better but are painful to me physically. He is shaped with the curve going down towards the ground so that top part of his arch often rubs my pubic bone till it really is too sore to continue. I love him and don't know how to overcome this. I would like to just enjoy him and vice-a-versa, but he is very embarassed & upset if I mention it
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

A sex therapist specialist (not a generalist) may be quite helpful in this situation.

After all, the pain is an issue that he is dealing with and it sounds that he has a healthy libido.

You could point out to him that you are not per se complaining but rather pointing out some information that you would like him to address. A qualified sex therapist deals with situations like this and would be able to assist you both without the need for feeling embarrassed. It is a natural response on his part and he probably feels anxious thinking that you are upset. Of course, as you continue to reassure him, he could accept your feedback without feeling upset or deffensive about it.

Here is the web for a list of sex therapists.

Dr. Rossi and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay, but if there are emotional issues that are affecting and/or contributing will we have to then see 2 different therapist?
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.
You could (but a sex therapist can also address the emotional issues and conduct family counseling as well)
Dr. Rossi and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.
You could seek a therapist who has a PhD (a lot of the sex therapists are already licensed counselors)