How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelley Your Own Question
Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1018
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Kelley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my therapist suggested I try Wellbutrin, what type of doctor

Customer Question

If my therapist suggested I try Wellbutrin, what type of doctor will prescribe? My primary care doctor will not be covered by my insurance if he prescribes.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for using JustAnswer!


You need to make an appointment with a psychiatrist. I would suggest you call the back of your insurnace card and find out who is covered in your are. I would then ask your therapist which psychiatrist they recommend. I hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist anymore.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Are psychiatrists the only doctors in the psychology medical field that can prescribe?

Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.
Yes they are, they are the only MD's. A nurse practitioner can also prescribe and you can sometimes find them working in mental health clinics.
Kelley and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.

Best wishes!