How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ed Wilfong Your Own Question
Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Ed Wilfong is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received ect treatments 9 years ago and feel it is time

Customer Question

i received ect treatments 9 years ago and feel it is time again. I can't take another day of feeling like this but I can't find a psychiatrist taking new patients. What can I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

What may be really helpful is to contact your behavioral health insurance company and ask to speak to a clinician such as a therapist or a nurse who can assist in finding you an appointment. Let them know if you had been on any medications or if you are currently on any and that you feel that your depression had come back.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You don't think I've tried this already?????????
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately mind reading is not what I do

(some people in the same situation as yours had not know to call their insurance for assistance. I speak to those daily) I am opting out to give another person a chance to assist you.

Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 7 years ago.
If you have a psychiatric hospital in the area where the procedure will be done, they will more than likely have an ECT specialist they will be motivated to get to help you.

Related Mental Health Questions