How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ralph LMHC Your Own Question
Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 872
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Ralph LMHC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where are there appropriate support groups for Adult Abuse

Customer Question

Where are there appropriate support groups for Adult Sexual Abuse Survivors in the Muncie, IN area? I have tried endless,fruitless web searches, called a local community hotline, & even asked my own psychologist to no avail.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 7 years ago.
Hi: I saw no one had any local info. I did some research and these may be able to help or find help in Muncie.

The last link is from Ball State. They have an excellent psychology department. You may want call the counseling center at Ball State for ideas also. Some graduate psychology programs offer services to public as part of training, but Counseling Center is best place to start.

I realize this doesn't help directly, so I don't expect you to pay unless you find this helpful. I just hated to see this unresponded to without trying to help.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.


Thanks for trying to help. The BSU Prac Clinic at the Counseling Center on campus id where I got my degree in Community Counseling, so due to dual- relationships, they cannot be utilized for me.

The web continues to spin. We might connect again tomorrow. Please think about this overnight. There HAS to be a place I fit?! Thank you....just text me when you're ready.


Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 7 years ago.
I will opt out of question and see if someone else has any ideas. I am sure there is somewhere. We are just scatter across US. I just know Ball State from Jane Duckworth's work. Hopefully, someone else can help. BSU may be able to suggest community resources anonymously. Good luck.
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.


Perhaps Survivors of Incest Worldwide headquarters located in Maryland can provide you with an appropriate referral in Muncie, Indiana. Their telephone number is:

(###) ###-####. Good luck and best wishes.


Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
With all due respect, I called & the woman said to call a "Local Community Resource Center." Thank you for apparently trying; however, this answer was like telling a client to "Just hang on: Something will come along eventually in your area."
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

Sorry it did not pan out. It did not appear that way in their web page which I had researched. Good Luck,


Ralph LMHC