How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ed Wilfong Your Own Question
Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Ed Wilfong is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, My name is Michelle. I am 43 years old. I suffer from

Resolved Question:

My name is Michelle. I am 43 years old. I suffer from anxiety/panic disorder and have had panic attacks. Not all the time and I am not medicated for it, somehow I have been able to control it myself.
Because of some very disturbing sexual thoughts that started coming over me I started looking on the internet for answers. I think I may have OCD or OCPD, both if that is possible. Alot of the symptons really match me for both of these illnesses and have my whole life. I never would have guessed this because I thought ocd was just the compulsive need to make sure the stove is shut off over and over again, that type of situation, I don't do that. But quite interestingly there is alot more to ocd than I would have ever thought. Most of the other symptons match me to a tee! I do not like pills, and untrusting of mental health doctors. Is there anyway I can help myself with this or do I have to see someone.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, but you need to see someone. OCD sounds like a very real possibility. There is too much evidence of a physiological cause and treatment to not get consult from a medical professional, preferably a psychiatrist or a psychologist and MD working together. The good new is that medications are easy to tolerate and you will feel better.
Dr. Ed Wilfong and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions