How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelley Your Own Question
Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1018
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Kelley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After feeling extremly confused and chaotic trecently, I had

Customer Question

Hello, My name is***** feeling extremly confused and chaotic trecently, I had lunch with a friend that I trust enough to let some "secrets" out yo. I told her that I have been feeling quite depressed , but not your usual depression. More like out of control. Im not much of a crier, and I don't normally tell people things that can label me as being Vulnerable. six months ago I was laid off from a very high paying corporate career. Which was actually a blessing, because I never really achieved happiness in that career. I fell into it 20 years ago and moved up the ladder. It was comfortable and easy. Just like my second marriage. Comfortable and easy. After years of living out of love and basically with a friend, I came to realize I wanted more. I have a 16 yr old son that was dianosed with Bipolar 3 years ago. He is a handful and two other boys 15, 7. I have always tried to be strong and never let people know that inside I was unhappy and a mess. It caught up to me.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.


Thanks for using JustAnswer!

If you were diagnosed with Bipolar 3 years ago it sound like you are in a depressive stage. You did not mention that you are seeing a psychiatrist or a therapist. Both of those are very important parts of feeling better. A psychiatrist will be able to prescribe medications to help you feel better and control the Bipolar. A therapist will be able to help you talk about what is going on and how to best manage and cope.

I really strongly suggest setting up an appointment with both of those professionals. Please let me know if I can assist anymore.