How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anna Your Own Question
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1945
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Anna is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 26 yrs of age and live in city La 70380.. i am looking

Customer Question

i am 26 yrs of age and live in morgan city La 70380. my name is ***** ***** am looking for maybe an out of state impatent treatment center. i am louisiana medicaid. maybe i could get goverment help. i need u to help me or assest me in the right direction.....i need help please. i am bi-polar/mantic deppresent and i also have a borerline personallity disorder. i've also been cutting myself to ease my pain. i also have panic attackes and anxiety really me. its gettn to me bad.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.
Hi meme,

With Medicaid, the hospital that you go to can bill for out of state care, but getting admitted needs to be either through a physician that is treating you or through the Emergency Room of any hospital. Getting a bed in an inpatient unit can be difficult, so if you go to an ER of a hospital that has a psychiatric unit, you might have a better chance of being admitted.

So to be clear, if you're hurting yourself, go to an ER for immediate treatment. At the ER request to be admitted to an inpatient unit for treatment.

Don't give up hope - there is all kinds of help out there, but you have to look pretty hard for it. And new medications and treatments come out all the time, so if something isn't working now, you may still get help through medication later.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi anna thanks for ur advice but its not going to happen over here in morgan city. i have tryed that and they are all quacks. thats y i asked for advice on an out of state treatment center. the hospital just will dope me up and i wont get the counsiling that i need.
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

What state do you want to go for treatment in?