How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gina P Your Own Question
Gina P
Gina P, LCSW
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 175
Experience:  MSW, LCSW, PIP
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Gina P is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has -polar dis. and extremly bad nerves, she needs a

Resolved Question:

My wife has bi-polar dis. and extremly bad nerves, she needs a dr. who can help, she has SC. MEDICARE AND MEDICAID ,BUT FEW mdS EXCEPT THIS. CAN YOU HELP WITH A REFERAL?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Gina P replied 7 years ago.
Hi, You can try to go to and click the link to "Find a Doctor." It will ask for your state, zip code, county and specialty. List these and put in psychiatry, and it should give you a list of the psychiatric providers that take Medicare. They should have a full and complet list of providers that accept this insurance. Medicare should be the primary insurance and the Medicaid should be secondary, so it is important to let the provider office know you have Medicare. Many more MDs take Medicare than Medicaid usually. Hope this helps. Gina
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have already done this,and the county mental heath is all i receive,wass hoping for maybe 1or 2 doctors names, thanks anyway
Expert:  Gina P replied 7 years ago.
Ok, sorry, all the physicians names should be in there. If you live close to a state line and can travel over, Medicare will cross state lines, but not Medicaid. Gina
Gina P and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We are in the Spartanburg SC,at the Northcarolina line, Thanks