How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelley Your Own Question
Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1018
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Kelley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on oxygen for 15 hours a day and don't get out. My

Customer Question

I am on oxygen for 15 hours a day and don't get out. My youngest son died a year ago aged 45. my eldest son died 18 years ago aged 35. Am I suffering from agorophobia or just depression?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.


Thanks for using JustAnswer!

It sounds like you may be suffering from some depressions. You have had a lot of grief and health problems that caused a life style change which can cause depression. If coud be agrophobia if you are scared to go outside but you did not express that in your question.

If you are able to get out I would suggest starting with some counseling. You can check with your insurance to find out who you can see or you can call the local community helath center. Due to you needing oxygen and having a hard time getting out you may see if your insurance will allow for phone counseling or a visiting therapist. Many local hospice centers also offer grief groups and counseling and that might help you as well.

If after a few months of counseling you do not feel any better than I would suggest considering taking an antidepressant at least for a trial period to see if it helps you feel better. When someone has depression the brain chemestry is off and the medications help correct that, thus making you better. It is something to consider if the therapy does not help.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if I can assist anymore. I am here to help!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
insurance isn't applicable in the u.k. It has all been too much effort. so I will give up, thanks
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.


Since it is not applicable I would suggest you start with your PCP. They will be able to assess you and get you the right help. If they do then I would suggest going to the hospital for an evaluation of your depression.

You said you wanted to give up and I am not sure if you mean with therapy or if you are wanting to hurt yourself.

Suicide Awareness Websites:

Suicide Prevention Hot Lines:
1-800-273-TALK / 1-***-***-****
TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I still have one son so I don't plan suicide. Just give up this quest for help. I would appreciate a refund of my deposit and I will sever all loinks with this site.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have replied. You have been no help. Please refund deposit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am awaiting a refund, your reply was useless, sorry