How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Kaushik Your Own Question
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4661
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Kaushik is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in search of the needed steps to heal. I am a abuse

This answer was rated:

My name is ***** ***** I am in search of the needed steps to heal. I am a sexual abuse survivor and because of that I have developed D.I.D. I also have had many other traumas that affect me in my daily life. I am a spiritual person and I ground myself in faith. Where can I start to get to my healing so I can let the past go?

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, i am very sorry to know about your tragic past , and the repurcussions that you are facing even till today in the form of PTSD and DID .

Well, for your healing to occur from the emotional scarring that you have gone through , what you need is assistance from Psychoherapy ( counseling ) and Drug therapy , and with the assistance from these two therapies you shall be able to finally come to terms with your traumatic past and start leading the life with quality and happiness .

So, i suggest that you consult a psychiatrist and get started on the below mentioned regime , although, both DID and PTSD take a bit time to come under control , but they will eventually , provided you start on the below mentioned regime after discussing it with your psychiatrist.

1) Psychotherapy - that is counseling in lay terms , this will help you to cope well with your unfortunate past and also help you to develop techniques through varous mental exercises by which you can adapt to stressful life events .

The best type of psychotherapy for your condition would be Cognitive behavioral therapy ( CBT )

2) dRUG THERAPY - Along with psychotherapy , you also need to start on a combination of drugs such as 1 anti depressant and 1 anxiolytic .

Some good anti depressants from which your psychiatrist can choose from are -- effexor XR, PAXIL CR , zoloft .

Some good anxiolytic , tranquilizer drugs from which your doctor can chose from are-- klonopin , ativan , buspar .

So, a combination of 1 anti dpressant , and 1 anxiolytic and CBT , will set up a stage for your recovery from DID and PTSD ,and will help you to start a fresh life , with the unfortunate events of your past being left behind as a distant memory.

I hope this helps..

I wish you all the best..

Please press the ACCCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.


Dr. Kaushik and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you