How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Kaushik Your Own Question
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4672
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Kaushik is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work overseas and need to seek some mental health help but

Customer Question

I work overseas and need to seek some mental health help but do not think there are very many options. Any suggestions? I live in the Kaiserslautern area if that helps and am not in the military so regular military avenues are not all open to me. Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 8 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, i can understand that since you are alone , and have no one to guide you , so i suggest that you consult the GP in your area and ask for referral for a psychiatrist , GP's usually have the contact information of various specialists , so he / she must be having number / contact of a psychiatrist .Or you can call up the help desk of local hospital and ask for the numbers / contacts of psychiatrists working in the area or psychiatrists who are attached to the hospital.

Then you shall contact the psychiatrist , and fix an appointment and get yourself evaluated for a definitive diagnosis , based on which the psychiatrist will treat you .

I hope this helps..

I wish you all the best.. Please feel free to ask any further question .

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.