How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Norman M. Your Own Question
Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2568
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Norman M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

hi.IDntKnowWherToStart..ImMaria &Im24.ImOriginallySlovakSoEnglishIsMy2ndLanguageAndIHaveBeenLivingInUkForOver4YearsNow.IGetIntoMoodLatelyReallyOftenDontKnowWhatCausesItIDontLikeItCauseByActingLikeThatImJustKindOfPushingPeopleAwayFromMeLikeMyBoyfriendLetsSay.HeIsreallyTryingToHelpMeTryingToTalkToMeButIJustFeelLikeImFromAnotherPlanetOrSomethingNobodyUnderstandsMe,IUsuallyGetLikeThisKindOfBlockageThatIWontLetMyselfOpenUpToTheWorldAndPeopleAroundMe,JustGetQuietStarringAtOnePlace,FeelsLikeIDontHaveABrainOrSoulOrSomething.iHaveAlmostNoConfidenceInMeImAlsoQuietShyPersonAtTimes.
iUsedToBeDifferentHappyAndAllNowImJustMisserableApparentlyForNoReason. Victor(myBoyfriendAlwaysTellingMeTha tMyBrainIsNotControllingMeImControllingMyBrainButItDoesntFeelLikeIt.myGrandmaDied2yrsAgoItWasBigShockAndIWasDepressedLoadsOfTimesThinkingOfDeathAsRealityAndItsScaringMeTheFactThatIsAroundUs.ImAlwaysThinkinNegative.myDadHasGotASchyzofrenyForASeveralYrsNowCouldIHaveItToo??imAlsoQuiteParanoidAboutPplCouldTabletsHelpMe
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Norman M. replied 8 years ago.
Majuska - hi, and thanks for getting in touch.

You sound really anxious and depressed, and you need to go and see your GP (Doctor).

It is probable that you will need some medication to get you over this, but your GP will know what to prescribe. Don't worry, what you are going through is quite common, and its just an illness like any other - a broken leg, for example.

If you are notalready registered with a General Practitioner, just go to any doctor's surgery near you and they'll be able to help you out. So go on - get treated, and get better.

Norman M. and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

hi, thank you for your answer..

would you be able to name me some medication which i could maybe get online without seeing the GP? Cause i dont really feel comfortable talking about that to someone face to face i really must open myself up to be able to talk about it to anyone whats really not often that i let it happen..

Expert:  Norman M. replied 8 years ago.
No I cannot do that, Majuska. You MUST see your doctor. Don't try to self medicate. Chances are you'll get it wrong, and that could at best mean thta its ineffective and at worst, dangerous.

So, take your courage in both hands, see your GP and start to get better!