How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelley Your Own Question
Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1018
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Kelley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is suffering from depression and she is aware of it.

Resolved Question:

My wife is suffering from depression and she is aware of it. We are not sure what is causing it but I am unable to help her through it and feel helpless. We discussed this morning and we are not sure should we both go or just her. I am willing to do whatever it takes to help her through this.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.


Thanks for using JustAnswer!

I would suggest that both of you start at her initial psychiatrist and therapist appointment. The psychiatrist will give her an evaluation and start her on medications if needed. The therapist will help her work through what is causing the depression and how to best deal with it. Many of her appointments will be just her working through this but if you attend the initial meetings they will be able to work out a schedual where you will both be able to attend some of the appointments.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help anymore!

Kelley and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you