Gina P
Gina P, LCSW
Experience:  MSW, LCSW, PIP
19637974

I am unsure if I'm having psychotic symtoms. I am suffering

Customer Question

I am unsure if I'm having psychotic symtoms. I am suffering from moderate to sever depression for about 1 year. I feel extreme stress at times and also feel like I have 3 parts of me living in my head. There is 1 child annd 2 adults. One adult me is constantly telling me to kill myself, the other adult tries to reason with the suicidal one , and the child is scared and also wants to die. I am taking Effexor 300 mg and 150 mg of Welbutrin, plus 2-3 mg of clonezapam per day. I don't hear voices( other than these 3 selves) or see things. Do I need a mild anitpsychotic? Am I delusional? Is this psychosis with depression?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Gina P replied 8 years ago.
Hi, It would be very difficult to diagnose this on line. But it does sound as if you are experiencing psychosis, and this could warrant an antipsychotic in addition to the antidepressants you are taking. Have you contacted your psychiatrist about this symptoms? Gina