Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

Kushick i remember the first time i told you about the aura

Hello dr kushick i remember the first time i told you about the aura like symptoms i had and
do still get if exposed to gaming but you said its eye refraction problem i will tell you again
of my symptoms so you can fully know exactly what goes on.USUALLY as soon as i used to start the game i woild get mental confusion a feeling of vertigo faintness tightness in chest
short of breath a feeling of doom but no actual blackouts or shaking and it start at age 34
so i want to be sure you judge by the full context and symptoms would you still say its auras.
i guess the only true way of knowing is to take severel eegs but at this moment the aggrophobia i have stops me from attending a hospital.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 7 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, i vividly remember the whole conversation , and i told you that if you are suffering from photosensitive seizures the best possible way to avoid them is to avoid the trigger , and i also told you that photosensitive seizure can either precipitate as tonic clonic ( shaking movements / blackout ) or as absence seizures ( sudden brief loss of consciousness , which looks as if you are stunned for a brief moment ) or at times as simple auras may be there .

Also, i told you that eegs not NECESSARILY reveal abnormal brain activiity , that is indicating of seizure , although when actually one may be having seizure or at least an aura , so it is not a definitve investigation of seizure .

Also, i know the fact from your past convesrations with you that you also suffer from Panic disorder and phobia , both of which are types of anxiety disorders , so i say that why it cannot be this way that you have aura of a probable photosensitive seizure and panic attack immediately following it and all this happening because of the trigger that is video games .This type of panc disorder and aura of a photosensitive seizure can very well co exist , with aura acting as atrigger for your panic attack , while aura itself being triggered by video game.

So, i again stress on the fact that you need to avoid the trigger , in our case it being video games and continue on your medications for panic disorder and phobias .

I hope this helps...

I wish you all the best..

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.

Regards..

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

I hope this helps...

I wish you all the best..

Regards..