Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

How do you tell if you have add or your concentration

Customer Question
problems are due to other...
how do you tell if you have add or your concentration problems are due to other mental illness (schizoaffective disorder)/ meds for that illness
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/4/2009
Mental Health Professional: Ralph LMHC, Therapist replied 8 years ago
Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Hello.
ADD or attention deficit disorder is a neurological impairment caused by one or all of the following factors, disractability, impulsivity or hyperactivity. It is clearly a brain dysfunction. If the lack of concentartion is caused by a reason other than those it does not fall within the ADD confines. An individual may be so anxious or depressed as to be unable to concentrated, or hear voices that preclude concentration. So without one or all of the above factors of impulsivity, distractability or hyper activity it is not ADD.Please click green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your feedback and bonuses are always welcomed.
Sincerely,
Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist