How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gina P Your Own Question
Gina P
Gina P, LCSW
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 175
Experience:  MSW, LCSW, PIP
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Gina P is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 19 year old son who has been diagnosed with

Customer Question

I have a 19 year old son who has been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. We have been to Manchester Mental Health/Bedford Counseling for the past 4 or so years. They have tried him on many, many medications, but nothing works. I am looking for him to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe meds and also talk with him. He just started local college this week and his anxiety is worsening, he constantly has race thoughts, cannot sleep, sweats alot. There has to be some kind of medication that can help him with this. We have US Family Healthplan Insurance and have to stay in our network, but my insurance company said they will work with a Doctor if that Doctor is willing to work with them. I have heard that they have good Psychiatrists affiliated with the State Hospital in Concord, NH. I just need some names and answers, we are running out of options. Please advise.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Gina P replied 8 years ago.
Hi, I am sorry your son is having such a difficult time. There are a few websites you can visit to find a physician. is a site you can view what other patients have to say about your local psychiatrists and hopefully choose one from there. is another site which can give you the information on what local patients are saying. is a state local website with information on most psychiatrist in your local area and the state.

I hope he finds a solution. There are also many cognitive behavioral therapists who can help him manage this behaviorally once he finds a medication. Good luck. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Gina
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was really looking for more solid information, types of medications, do you have any answers on that?