Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

Used to be on low dose of Navane to curb nightmares and

flashbacks of PTSD. Off...
Used to be on low dose of Navane to curb nightmares and flashbacks of PTSD. Off Navane for several months and not suffering from PTSD. Currently having symptoms of GAD now that both sons are out of state in college. Dr. wanted to put me back on Navane. I don't understand. Wouldn't it be worth it to try Buspar for awhile first?
9/1/2009
Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist

The reason he wants to put you back on the Navane is because it curbed you symptoms before. He may be thinking that the GAD is going to lead to more PTSd symptoms.

I'd suggest you go back on the proven medication that worked before.

Nancy
Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist
Nancy
Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist