How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anna Your Own Question
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1945
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Anna is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have terrible disturbing thoughts they distress me so much

Resolved Question:


I have terrible disturbing thoughts they distress me so much and i find it difficult to concentrate on much else. I have been taking 100mg of Zoloft for a couple of years and i have recently increased the dose to 125mg and am planning on increasing it to 150mg i'm worried that the Zoloft isn't working anymore. Prior to these horrible thoughts i had been through alot of stress with relationship problems. I hate feeling like this can you give me some advice as to where i can go from here?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 8 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!
I've heard many stories of Zoloft's effectiveness being reduced after people are on it for a few years. What I would suggest is that you talk to your doctor about a possible change in medicine. It seems to work for thepatients I've seen in my practice. Many have tried the increased dosage and had it work, but again, only for a short while and then they switch to another medicine.

Here is a link of articles that talk about this issue:

Keep working at a solution till you find it - that is the most important thing to do- you're worth it!

Disclaimer: Please don't mistake this for medical advice specific to you or your situation as I'm not a physician.
Anna and 2 other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you