How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rossi Your Own Question
Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4627
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Rossi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 30 year old woman. I do a good job of covering most

Customer Question

I am a 30 year old woman. I do a good job of covering most of my social insecuritey. I was held in a apartment and repetedly raped when I was 13. I have spent some time with counsalers and phychiatrists to help get over a "post tramatic stress disorder" I was once told was afecting me. I am able to have a fairly good sex life. With 1 very kind and sensitive partner. the problem is my behavior when a man hits on me, is very passive, I cant seem to come up with any response. Most of the time I passivly do nothing. what kinds of councalling or tharypy would you recomend?
sorry the spelling is bad, but I do not care right now.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 8 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

You mean when a man is courting you not literally hitting you correct?

To make any changes in one's behavior is requires a lot of effort. The most difficult thing to change is oneself.

The kind of therapy that may be helpful is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Reality Therapy (Choice Theory), any insight oriented therapy. Hypnotherapy can also be helpful to assist with self esteem and self image changes.

If you are dealing with trauma issues, EMDR is a kind of therapy quite effective in this area. Try to find a clinician who is trained and specializes in the above mentioned therapy styles.

If you are ever in a crisis, here is the ph for the Canadian Help Line(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I wondered if you have avalible info for help groups or recomendations for Dr's on vancouver Island B.C. Canada
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 8 years ago.

Only for hypnosis (I am in the USA) Usually the crisis line has a data base of clinicians in one's area.

Hypnosis Help and Information Line: 1-***-***-****

or this link below for providers in CANADA

Best of Luck.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. I will look into local crises lines for more info.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 8 years ago.
Some hypnotherapists are also counselors.
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 8 years ago.

Good Morning,

Did I miss someting while trying to assist you? I noticed you did not accept, if I had missed something please let me know. In your initial post you did not inquire about specific to your area referrals hence, I provided info to the best of my knowledge. Thank you.