Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
14727623

I have an ongoing case since october of 2008 where since it

i have an ongoing case since october of 2008 where since it started, it started with swelling of the legs and feet then changed into intense crippling pain all over. a friend of mines is an administrator in a hospital in manhattan and he said it sounds like fibromyalgia contributed from deppression but i dont feel as i am deppressed. i am a 24 yr old single parent and i have as much stress as the next single mom. if anything, me going back and forth between doctors, having chronic pain, and not knowing whats going on is stressful and depressing. i take 4 pills a day to try to help manage the pain and sometimes it doesnt work. i will admit i do get sad at times because i want to have that love and be married and have a real family but what young person who is a single parent don't, but i dont see myself as suffering from depression. what classifies someone as being deppressed? am i depressed? please help
HelloCustomer- thanks for visiting.

Depression comes in several forms, but typically, the symptoms include disruption to your sleeping pattern (often waking earlier than what is normal for you) anxiety on waking, changes (often reduction) in your appetite, an increasing tendency to put things off and avoid doing things that you need to, losing interest in hobbies and things you once enjoyed, withdrawing socially from friends and activities, loss of interest in sex, frequent low moods, feelings of isolation and hopelessness, seeing the future as very black, or indeed non-existent, and maybe having suicidal thoughts.

Two things I am going to suggest:

1. Have alook at this website from Mental Health America - http://www.nmha.org/go/depression

It will provide you with a whole raft of helpful information.

2. Ask your doctor yo screen you for depression - he will be able to give you a fairly definitive answer.

I hope this has been helpful - if so, please click on the Accept Button!

Very best regards,
Norman.
HelloCustomer- thanks for visiting.

Two things I am going to suggest:

Very best reggards,
Norman.