How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nancy Your Own Question
Nancy, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 746
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Nancy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

why was my answwe denied

Customer Question

why was my answwe denied
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  drsaurabhjoshi replied 8 years ago.

Please re send your question by typing it here.


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I sent in a question regarding my granddaughter who is an introvert. I would like to know if I can help her in any way.She has a very low self image and doesn't talk or read. I want to know if her iq is low for people like this. I just don't understand all this.
Expert:  Mind MD replied 8 years ago.
What is your granddaughter's age, and has she been evaluated by a doctor for the same?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my granddaughte is 17 years old. I don't yhink she has been evaluated by a doctor. My daughter drags her feet on this. I am looking for information to help me and her. She iss extremely shy and won't have too much to do with people.
Expert:  Nancy replied 8 years ago.



I am Nancy and I am a Mental Health expert on the site. I see that "Mind MD" had asked a question, but after several hours - these questions open back up to anyone, so I am going to answer you for the sake of your receiving a timely answer.


It is fairly rare that a child can go through years of school with serious problems without someone at the school intervening. Do you know if she has an IEP or works with the school counselors on her issues?


What does Mom say about the issues you've brought up?


Because nobody can evaluate your grandaughter over the internet - and we would need a lot of information in order to give you a proper diagnosis, my suggestion is that you work with your daughter to get her daughter into a psychologist for an evaluation.


During a full evaluation a Psychologist will talk with Mom and then talk with your grandaughter about what has been going on - he/she will then provide a diagnosis at the end of the session.





Related Mental Health Questions