How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NGonzalez Your Own Question
NGonzalez, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 56
Experience:  15 yrs of clinical experience, relationship issues, marriage & family therapy, eating disorders
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
NGonzalez is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my mom is suffering from hallucinations, what can i do

Resolved Question:

my mom is suffering from hallucinations, what can i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  NGonzalez replied 8 years ago.



Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. I am working on your answer.
Could you explain your situation a little more?


What kind of hallucinations (auditory?, visual?) and when did they start or when did she tell you she was having them. Is she taking any medication right now? Does she have a psychiatrist? Who prescribed the Haloperidol?

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.


    My Mom saids she can hear and see them. They started last year Her primary Doctor put her on the pills, she stop taking them because it had stopped, So they have started up again. No she doesnt have a psychiatist.
Expert:  NGonzalez replied 8 years ago.



Thank you for the reply. They probably started again because she stopped taking the medicine. For some people, its necessary to take the medication long-term or permanently or the hallucination will return. I know that does not sound appealing but taking the medication improves her quality of life. Its very stressful to have hallucinations.


I recommend she make an appointment with a psychiatrist as soon as possible. I don't know if the doctor who prescribed the previous medicine was a psychiatrist or GP but she can go to him or her given he or she knows her history.


She can find a psychiatrist through her health plan or if she does not have health insurance she can look for local providers, community clinic, crisis center or even a hospital.


As I said previously, she should make an appointment soon. If the voices are making her (or telling her) suicidal or homicidal, you should take her to the hospital immediately. Please make sure she is not a danger to herself or to anyone else.


I hope this helps. Good luck to you and best wishes,


NGonzalez and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you