How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1767
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A friend of mine needs a second evaluation disproving that

Customer Question

A friend of mine needs a second evaluation disproving that she is narcassistic. Who/What type of doctor would be best for this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 8 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using just answer.

A psychiatrist or a clinical psychologist would be able to diagnose someone with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. The clinician uses the DSM-IV-TR which is the manual we use for diagnostic purposes. There is certain criteria that must be met in order to obtain the diagnosis of NPD. If the criteria isn't met, one cannot be diagnosed as such.
Your friend can consult the psychological associatin in her state to find a doctor to do another evaulation.
Dr. Keane
Please click accept and leave feedback

Related Mental Health Questions