How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Kaushik Your Own Question
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4658
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Kaushik is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A urologist said my condition may be more neurological. Two

Customer Question

A urologist said my condition may be more neurological. Two years ago I began to feel something uncomfortable develop in my lower right abdomen. It just felt like something small was out of place. Had ultrasound but nothing irregular. Began having painful orgasms below right testicle and inside right stomach area. This lasted a couple of months until one day while sitting I had sudden severe intense pain in both of my testicles. Went to emergency room. Had ultrasound. Everything normal. The pain was still there two days later and I noticed the pain travel from my right testicle up to my right stomach area back down to the left testicle and up the left stomach area just the same. Pain subsided a few days later in the mental hospital because I became suicidal. Both my testicles shrank down significantly then returned to normal size. Now ever since then both my testicles have no sensation for sex or orgasm unless I squeeze hard and they hurt. seen urologists. No explanation. ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 8 years ago.

Hi there,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, i believe that you must be having pain and the other complaints , but it seems that you have become too much preoccupied with the symptoms , and are expectiing some thing serious to come out as a diagnosis , although your urlogoist and investigations such as ultrasound of abdomen and testes , have come out to be normal , without any lesion or pathology been noted , so it does suggest that you probably are suffering form a Psychological condition , called as Hypochondriasis , in which a person is too much preoccupied with trivial bodily complaints that he fears something serious has happened to him , when actually all the investigations and physical examination have come out normal revealing nothing significant.

Hypochondriasis is somatoform condition and is not that serious a psychological condition and Please do not feel that you have become seriously mentally ill , but yes since you have traits typical of a hypochondriac , so i suggest that you get your self evaluated by a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist . And once your diagnosis of hypochondriasis is confirmed , then you may get started on Psychotherapy , that is counseling in lay terms , offered by a psychiatrist or a psychologist , and along with this psychotherapy you shall also start taking anti anxiety drugs such as klonopin( clonazeam ) or buspar ( buspirone ) , once your symptoms are relieved , then your doctor shall withdraw you from the drug , and continue for a bit more time on psychotherapy till there is complete remission.

I am mentioning below a link which will throw more light on Hypochondriasis , and although it is not a major psychological condition , but it can lead to unnecessary waste of time , and money on various investigations , which are not going to reveal anything in th end.

I wish you best of health.

I hope my answer serves your query according to your satisfaction.

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.


Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your reply,

I do not doubt that I have some hypochondriasis, but if it werent for the fact that it seems to be permanently affecting my sexual life in a negative manner, I would not be so preoccupied with it. If I were to lose sensation in part of my arm, leg, or back for instance, it would not bother me so much because it has nothing to do with the pleasures of sex. Losing the sensation in my testicles decreases my sexual pleasure as I cannot feel anything during sex and especially during orgasm. Do you see now why I am preoccupied with it? It is because it seems to be chronic and a very uncommon and unexplainable condition. If it were common and explainable that would be different and more acceptable, but it is neither. I doubt that you would like it very much if your testicles lost all of their sensation permanently........ And yes I do see a psychiatrist. Do you see now why it bothers me so much? I have not found any answers on the internet and no urologist that I have seen has even given me a possibility of what it could be. My underlying belief is that it is some kind of punishment from God. It would bother any man.......Some kind of medical explanation would help but it seems that after two years this is permanent, uncommon, and unexplainable. Imagine if you were in your 20's and you could never have great sex again the rest of your life.

Thank You

God Bless