How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Kaushik Your Own Question
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4642
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Kaushik is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having a hard time controlling my emotions, I go from

Resolved Question:

I am having a hard time controlling my emotions, I go from despair to tears to anger to nothing in a matter of hours. My life was recently turned upside down I now have custody of my 3 kids ages 1-3-5 my ex wife is a drug addict.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 8 years ago.

Hi there,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, it must have been some real hard times for you with all these unfortunate , life changing events occurring , and it seems this has taken a toll on your emotions , making you quite vulnerable and emotionally labile , with frequent changes in mood being seen very often.

I can say that since now you have got the full responsibility of your 3 little ones , so just grab it , and try to usher as much love as you can on them as a father , from now on you have to be a super dad , and why not when women can raise children alone , so can fathers and think about the bond that you will develop with your kids as years go by , it will be an amazing picture to capture.

Since you are emotionally exhausted at the moment , so do not rush things , you need some time to let things sink in, and i am quite sure after a while you will start coping with

life with 3 beautiful kids wonderfully well, just give youself time to adjust and adapt to the new change in your life. Also, i am quite sure that along the way , you will find a loving and caring partner , and all of you will be a big happy family.

Since coping alone with such a major life event can be excessively testing for individuals , where in you need some kind of moral support so thereby i suggest you consult a Clinical psychologist and get started on Psychotherapy ( counseling), which will not only help you with coping and adapting to this major life testing period , but will also allay some of the depressive symptoms that you are currently harboring , which actually is quie expected in your case , as you have gone through a lot of challenges lately.

So, i suggest you seek help of a psychologist and get started on therapy , which will be of short duration , and will be held in a friendly yet professional setting , where in you can vent out your feelings and try to get yourself settled in the current scenario , and this will also improve your daily personal and professional functioning , which must have taken a beating during all these events.

I wish you best of health and a healthy and prosperous future for you and your kids. God bless..

I hope my answer serves your query according to your satisfaction.

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.


Dr. Kaushik and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you