How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lively Your Own Question
Lively, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 260
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Lively is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 6year old son whose developement is 2 years behind

Resolved Question:

i have a 6year old son whose developement is 2 years behind his peers , his behaviour at school has gradually got more disruptive , he has very nice teachers who try very hard with him to make progress ,however he now seems to resent this and his behaviour is getting worse, also he is smug when confronted with any type of correction .
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 8 years ago.

Have you ever considered having your son evaluated for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)? The symptoms that you describe sound like they could be indicative of ADD. I would suggest that you bring your son to a psychiatrist or psychologist for further assessment and diagnosis; if he does have ADD, treatment usually consists of a combination of therapy and medication.

I'm including two links here that have more information about ADD so you can take a look and see if you think your son fits the profile before seeking help from a doctor: ,

Lively and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions