How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Vikas Your Own Question
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2253
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Vikas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wrote to Dr. Kaulein(spelling) last night and would like

This answer was rated:

I wrote to Dr. Kaulein(spelling) last night and would like to write to him if possible. If not, can you find my information and answer. I asked about trying alcohol withdrawal and celexa withdrawal. However, I was incorrect. I need to withdraw from klonopin. I have had it for years for anxiety.
Hello Mam,

Klonopin (Clonazepam-generic name) belongs to a benzodiazepine class of drug.

In order to stop it, Klonopin should be taper by roughly .25 mg every 3 days to reduce the chances of withdrawal effects such as dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headache,irritability, tingling sensations.

If a patient experience withdrawal,dosing may be need to be tapered very slowly may be over months.Also sometimes it is necessary to differentiate between reemergence of symptoms from withdrawal, as both may be somewhat similar in presentation sometimes.

Please see this link for more information.

People undergoing withdrawal

I hope it helps.

Dr. Vikas and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you