Mental Health

Have Mental Health Questions? Ask a Psychiatrist Online

Mental Health

After nine years of continuous use of Stablon® (Tianeptine)

Customer Question
at 3X, 12.5 mg it...
After nine years of continuous use of Stablon® (Tianeptine) at 3X, 12.5 mg it became progressively less effective. Especially in the enigmatic Neuroenhancing/Stimulant instant effect it has for some patients, as was my case. Can you tell me of a way of augmenting the effect?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Mental Health
5/3/2009
Mental Health Professional: Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Hi there,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, it seems that your body has developed resistance against stablon , an ssre , which acts as an antidepressant, mood brightner , and a non sedative anxiolytic as well, since you have been using this drug since quite a long time , and this kind of drug resistance is quite common.

So, i would like to ask you a few questions , which i expect you to answer against their numbers .

1) What are your present symptoms now that stablon is working less effectively?

2) How open are you in tryng a new drug / drugs , since the current drug that you are taking , stablon , is no longer effective and being the only one in its class of SSRE , we do not have any other option but to try a new type of anti depressant , also keeping in mind that you have already tried TCAs , SSRIs , MAOi?

3) Have you been ever placed on SNRI anti depressants ?

Regards...
1) 3X, 12.5mg taken together, since Dec 2000, no longer are enough. Taken upon awakening they had an effect in 45 minutes. They would remove all depression and the strong sickness behavior from the inflammatory cytokines. In particular, the peculiar neuroenhancing stimulant effect it produced in me disappeared. Now it has a partial Mood Brightening and Anti-Depressant effect lasting in an hour that last only 4 hours. I need to repeat by taking one or more every 4-5 hours the rest of the day depending on how active I need to be. During its first three years it had an effect on me presumably like the one described for Ketamine.
2) I am not open to experimenting with any of the drugs available here since I just about have tried all of them and the suffering and illness they have produced is great. I left out mentioning before that I also went through an ECT series in Miami. It did not produce any effect at all, but at least did not affect my memory.
3) SNRIs! I force took Effexor for 4-1/2 months with no benefit. Had me completely incapacitated, not able to read, in bed or in a lean-to couch, TV or trouble sleep all the way.
N.B. I await the market availability of Valdoxan (agomelatine) but do not know if it will be effective. It's mode of action is different from Stablon in being an agonist at MT(1) & MT(2) receptors of the melatonergic system and putative 'rapid regulation of the sleep-wake cycle'. But it key, in my opinion, lies in its antagonistic activity at the 5-HT(2c)receptor. This would be another novel approach, different from Stablon although produced by the same pharmaceutical; Servier Laboratoires--it my not work on me. Antidepressants are sold over most the world without the need for a prescription by asking the pharmacist. That's how I get my Stablon and will soon Valdoxan, but as mentioned there is no assurance that it will work for me. Please note!! I made this consultation to search for an augmenter of Stablon that would bring it back to its former just about miraculous effectiveness. I have searched for years and have not found mention of any. However, I am not fluent in French and have been investigated in universe. To repeat, my question is about and augmenting, reinforcing. I have not heard either of any combinations but have experimented with some of my own, but to no avail.
It pleases me to share this information with you. By your picture you seem like a young fellow. The monoamine theory of depression is invalid it is only the financial interest of the big pharmaceutical that still try to keep it alive.
Write anytime, independently at***@******.***, to exchange views on theories of neurogenesis of depression. Is it an immune disease? Glial cells inflammatory citokines? No! That only produces the somatic sickness part. If this is a mind-body problems had can Ketamine (a chemical) remove depression instantly? But mind is involved, the mood part involves feelings and we can only feel in the Mind and not in the Brain.
Regards,
Al Juliao (Julian)
Thanks for the elaboration. I must admit you are quite well versed with Depression and anti depressants , but since there is no other SSRE other than stablon , so i think i will not be able to help you in this regard . I would have asked you to try a combination of Milnacipran and Trazadone , for your depression , but since you are not willing to change to any new regime , so this will not work out . I will be opting out and any other expert here will be fielding your question anytime soon.

I wish you best of health. Take care ...

Regards...

I have taken Cymbalta and Desyrel separately here are the side effects from Cymbalta medical log:

CYMBALTA SIDE EFFECTS

· Lack of libido

· Anorsgamia

· Constant dreaming

· Instant onset of dreaming

· Vivid dreams

· Lucid dreams

· Nightmares dreams

· Day sleeping (hrs)

· Somnolence (all day)

· …horrible headaches that last for days and weeks

Desyrel was not near as bad, none of the sexual things, but others. CYMBALTA was real toxic.

I just picked-up on DESYREL as antagonist to the 5-HT(2c) receptor so now there's less hope for Valdoxan--hopefully it is the 5-HP Reuptake Inhibition (SARI) part that is doing harm.

Thanks for the conversation; It came out reconfirming the facts mentioned before and the showing that doctors are still pushing the same poison. It doesn't help goodwill to be at the receiving end..., still after decades.

Bye now,

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist