How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Kaushik Your Own Question
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 4635
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Kaushik is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husbands says I need to see a doctor as when I get drunk

Resolved Question:

My husbands says I need to see a doctor as when I get drunk I say terrible and awful things to him and when Im not drunk that I make things up in my head and accuse him of things because I dont trust him. Do you think I need to see a doctor or give up alchohol once and for all
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 8 years ago.
<p>Hi there,</p><p> </p><p>Welcome to Just answer !</p><p> </p><p>Well, i believe that when a person is under the influence of alcohol she/ he looses all kinds of inhibitions , and indulges in a behaviour which is not characteristic of the person's actual behaviour and during this course of alcoholic influence she / he may say things or do things which are hurtful to others and cause great deal of pain. So, i believe something of this sort also happens in your case , making you disinhibited in front of your husband and probably you end up hurting him emotionally , although you may not be aware of that yourself , but at the end of the day your alcohol consumption is puttiing a strain on your married life and your husband is drifting away from you . So , with all humility and honesty i will suggest that you give up alcohol and resurrect your strained married life , as i am sure you don't want to loose your husband's love and respect that he has for you..</p><p> </p><p>Now, as far as your husband's claim that when not drunk you make up things in your head and accuse him of certain things , well i am sure you yourself must not be aware of such things happening , as this again is a result of alcohol abuse and is called as Confabulation .</p><p> </p><p>So, in all , it is advisable for you to leave alcohol and for this you need help from a doctor , so you shall go to a physician and ask for his help to give up alcohol . This will not only be good for your health , but will be best for your marriage.</p><p> </p><p>Drug which help in decreasing craving for alcohol is Acamprosate , so you shall be started on it , but you need to duscuss this with your doctor before using it.</p><p> </p><p>I wish you best of health and a happy married life.</p><p> </p><p>I hope my answer serves your query according to your satisfaction.</p><p> </p><p>Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.</p><p> </p><p>Regards...</p>
Dr. Kaushik and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions