Nancy
Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years
16724211

I'm not sure if i'm angry or stressed, or if i get angry

I'm not sure if i'm angry or stressed, or if i get angry easily because i'm stressed? where would i start?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

I am Nancy and would like to help with your question -- could you please tel me though,:

Where would you start for what?

Nancy

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm not sure where to start in finding out if i have an anger problem or a stress problem or both. or how to even go about it

Expert:  Nancy replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for the clarification.

Anger problems leave you feeling angry all the time -- irritated at the slightest thing. Anger comes out on others through yelling, means or nasty remarks, arguing, fighting, and being controlling.

Stress is an internal pressure that results in feeling tired, run-down, overwhelmed, over-thinking problems, lack of sleep, lowered attention and concentration and can include being snappy or irritable with others.

These are not comprehensive lists that I've provided, and do oinclude more issues, but I've given you a short overview of both.

Seeing a counselor to work out whatever problems are arising right now is a good idea-- as neither of these are productive or good ways of solving problems -- these are both negative reactions to what is happening around you -- these are poor copking skills. A counselor will be able to help you with new coping strategies -- new copink skills that are more productive.

I hope this helps.

Nancy