Lively
Lively, Psychologist
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families
13693856

I thought I was suffering from depression but the 2

I thought I was suffering from depression but the 2 psychologists I have seen over the last 18 months say I'm just stressed out. I have taken their advise, joined a gym, lost weight etc. but I'm still stressed to the max for a number of reasons. I used to have an RX for diazepam which helped the last time I was having a "crisis". How do I find a physician willing to prescribe and help me out? They make you feel so dirty when you ask.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 8 years ago.
Customer

You could seek the help of your PCP and/or a psychiatrist in getting this prescription. It sounds like maybe you have an anxiety disorder? I would suggest meeting with a psychiatrist for further assessment, diagnosis, and any medication prescription that the two of you agree upon.