How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lively Your Own Question
Lively, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 260
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Lively is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I thought I was suffering from depression but the 2

Resolved Question:

I thought I was suffering from depression but the 2 psychologists I have seen over the last 18 months say I'm just stressed out. I have taken their advise, joined a gym, lost weight etc. but I'm still stressed to the max for a number of reasons. I used to have an RX for diazepam which helped the last time I was having a "crisis". How do I find a physician willing to prescribe and help me out? They make you feel so dirty when you ask.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 8 years ago.

You could seek the help of your PCP and/or a psychiatrist in getting this prescription. It sounds like maybe you have an anxiety disorder? I would suggest meeting with a psychiatrist for further assessment, diagnosis, and any medication prescription that the two of you agree upon.

Lively and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you