How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Carol Kryder LMFT Your Own Question
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 808
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Carol Kryder LMFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 20 years old and I am suffering from depression. I have

Customer Question

I am 20 years old and I am suffering from depression. I have been like this for about 11 years straight and now I believe that I might be suffering from other mental health problems. I don't have insurance and I don't qualify for any government assistance that I know of but I need help. My life has fallen apart and I don't know what to do. I don't know what's wrong with me. My family is about ready to give up on me and I don't think I'm strong enough to help myself anymore. Please tell me what I should do. I don't think I can take much more of this.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 8 years ago.

Check with your local social services department for low cost mental health resources. You can also call your local hospital. A community mental health agency can do an assessment to find out what is going on with you and arrange for low cost medication if you need it.

Please do not give up. There is help for you. Call social services or your local hospital for a referral to someone who can help you. Please call tomorrow and let me know what happens.

Warm regards,

Related Mental Health Questions