How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Carol Kryder LMFT Your Own Question
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 808
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Carol Kryder LMFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a fatal illness; lost my job and can't get any more

Customer Question

I have a fatal illness; lost my job and can't get any more treatment from the government . I can't even get any more mental care or treatment. I have lost my husband, am losing my home and I need to end this situation before it gets worse. I don't have any resources except suicide; I need to know how I can do this most effectively. I am highly educated and this is not a rash decision. I need to know the least painful method of dealing with this; it is inevitable and will only progressively get worse. I actually applied for a gun license yesterday; I have no children and I think this may be the best option. Do you have any suggestions; death is imminent. I know this is awkward- but I have no one to talk to.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 8 years ago.

I am so sorry about your situation, which sounds desperate. However, you must know that ethically I cannot support a person's suicide plans. There must be some social service agency that can assist you. If death is imminent, you may be able to get into Hospice. Please do not allow yourself to die without support and someone to care about your comfort. You deserve a peaceful passing.

You say you have lost your husband, but if you have family, surely they will help you to find resources available in your city. Or you can present yourself to the local hospital and ask for a transfer to a state-funded facility. You can most certainly get medicaid if you have no more money. No one wants you to die alone and without loving support, even if it is from strangers.

I am asking you to give this one more chance. Your peace of mind is certainly worth at least one chance. Let me know if you have any questions about anything I have said.

Peace to you,