How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Carol Kryder LMFT Your Own Question
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 808
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Carol Kryder LMFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have horrid panic attacks and havent left my home in 7

Customer Question

I have horrid panic attacks and havent left my home in 7 yrs. I mean NO WHERE! I had a dr who treated me at home for my med, well he got arrested for alot of things and now I'm on atenteol to control my heart rate when I have an attack. I have contacted everyone in town and nobody does house calls. Im very scared as I know I'm not suppose to stop my medicine. Any ideas how I can get to the dr without having my heart 300 beats a min when I get there, or how to get a dr here to my home?? I really need help
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 8 years ago.
This is a significantly extreme situation. If you are not able to leave your home under any circumstances, you may need to call for an ambulance so that you can be monitored and given oxygen while they take you to the hospital for treatment.

If there is no doctor who will come to your house, you may need to try a community mental health agency or your county social services department. They will not send a doctor, but certainly they can send a home health nurse or a social worker, who then can contact a doctor to coordinate your care.

I recommend that you start with your county department of human services, or social services and ask about having a home health care worker or nurse come to your house to assist you.

Best of luck to you, and warmest regards,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't feel this has helped in way. Everything I was just told, I already knew. I have contacted everyone in my local area. I needed to really know how to help my panic to get to the dr. Sorry
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 8 years ago.
The only other suggestion I have is to take a benzodiazepine before you leave your home to see a doctor. It is possible you can get that over the phone, but you will still most likely need a nurse or social worker to come to your home to evaluate you. The nurse or social worker can then recommend to the doctor that you need this drug in order to leave your home to come to the office.

I am so sorry you are suffering like this. We really don't have many resources for folks in your situation. No need to pay for the answer. I just hope that something helps you.

Warmest regards,