How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Carol Kryder LMFT Your Own Question
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 808
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Carol Kryder LMFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The Polish have a name for a medical condition, I cannot

This answer was rated:

The Polish have a name for a medical condition, I cannot find the english equivalent name. Mantis Syndrome. The mother of a child wishes the child to have no contact with the father.
Might you be talking about Parent Alienation Syndrome?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I think you are right. Do family law courts in the UK recognise this syndrome ? Is it treatable with psychiatry or any other means ?
Sorry, I cannot answer legal questions. You will need to ask our legal experts about the family law courts in UK. As for being treatable, I know of no treatment for the parent. Often the child needs therapy to recognize that they have been influenced to avoid the other parent. It is very difficult to treat, because as you know, the child has been lied to by one parent about the alienated parent. I have had children who have been alienated in my practice, and sometimes they will understand what has happened, but is is always later, in their teens. Young children do not have the maturity to understand what is happening to them.
Carol Kryder LMFT and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you