How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Carol Kryder LMFT Your Own Question
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 808
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Carol Kryder LMFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wondering If I have ADD. I have many problems

Customer Question

I am wondering If I have ADD. I have many problems concentrating in general. I've had problems in school since I can remember and I haven't been able to have a real connection with people. I feel like I cannot continue my life this way because it is always crippling me. Can you give me a Medical Consultation and Prescribe me medication to help with my problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 8 years ago.

Unfortunately, we at are not able to give medical consultations nor are we able to prescribe medications.

I urge you to make an appointment on your own with a psychiatrist and get an evaluation. You do not need your parents to do this. You may have ADD,or depression, which can manifest some of the same symptoms. You may also have autism spectrum disorder. All of these diagnoses have different treatments.

Just one question: Do you seem to focus better when you have a lot of caffeine? If so, you may have ADD.

Let me know if you have any further questions.