Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

I suffer from what i think is anxiety. I have a wonderful fiance

Customer Question

I suffer from what i think is anxiety. I have a wonderful fiance' that does everything and anything but i get aggrivated all the time and i get to where i can't breath when i am around someone. My heart races and I get so angry and mad and go off on him and anyone for no reason. My patience is limited very limited. Is this what I have and how can I get help. Doctors want to put me on depression meds and they do no good. What can help and is there a doctor in vicksburg, ms to help?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 8 years ago.
Hi Rebecca and thanks for using JustAnswer.com:

If depression meds do not help with your symptoms I suggest you try cognitive-behavioral therapy. You should be able to look up a therapist on your insurance company's website. If they do not indicate on the website that they do CBT, you can call and ask. CBT is the treatment of choice for anxiety and depression.

You may also wish to talk to a nutritionist or a naturepathic practitioner for dietary supplements you can use to help with the anxiety and irritability.

There is help for you. Don't give up.