How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Carol Kryder LMFT Your Own Question
Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 808
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Carol Kryder LMFT is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I suffer from what i think is anxiety. I have a wonderful fiance

Customer Question

I suffer from what i think is anxiety. I have a wonderful fiance' that does everything and anything but i get aggrivated all the time and i get to where i can't breath when i am around someone. My heart races and I get so angry and mad and go off on him and anyone for no reason. My patience is limited very limited. Is this what I have and how can I get help. Doctors want to put me on depression meds and they do no good. What can help and is there a doctor in vicksburg, ms to help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 8 years ago.
Hi Rebecca and thanks for using

If depression meds do not help with your symptoms I suggest you try cognitive-behavioral therapy. You should be able to look up a therapist on your insurance company's website. If they do not indicate on the website that they do CBT, you can call and ask. CBT is the treatment of choice for anxiety and depression.

You may also wish to talk to a nutritionist or a naturepathic practitioner for dietary supplements you can use to help with the anxiety and irritability.

There is help for you. Don't give up.

Related Mental Health Questions