How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NeuroDoc1 Your Own Question
NeuroDoc1, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 211
Experience:  Board Certification by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
NeuroDoc1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Help. I do not know what is wrong with me, -polar or

Resolved Question:

Help. I do not know what is wrong with me, bi-polar or borderline personality disorder, and narcolepsy. My symptoms include extreme mood swings, extreme, what I call "fits", anxiety to the point where I feel like everything is closing in on me and I should just give up and not live anymore. I am not a danger to myself right now but what if I cannot always rationalize the will to live. When I come out of one of my fits or moods I usually have about 1-3 days of numbness or depression - I am just indifferent to everything - then after those days I go into a really happy hyper mood - which really scares me - one because I might talk too much to others, have crazy ideas, or just get to hyper and do things that I would not normally do. I go through this torture every month - I am loosing my mind. What do I do? What is wrong with me? My thoughts race race race!! I am always "in my head” and cannot stop. Help me.... Please
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  NeuroDoc1 replied 8 years ago.


Your symptoms sound like they do fit with a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. There are some medical conditions such as thyroid disease which should also be ruled out by a doctor. This condition can usually be treated with a combination of anti-depressant medications and mood stabilizing medications, as well as sometimes anxiety medications. I would recommend making an appointment with a Psychiatrist if possible so that your diagnosis can be confirmed. If Bipolar disorder is felt to be the problem, you will most likely improve significantly with the proper treatment.

Best wishes to you.

NeuroDoc1 and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Mental Health Questions