Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

I am taking .25 mg of Klonopen at mid afternoon and .5 at

Customer Question

I am taking .25 mg of Klonopen at mid afternoon and .5 at night for sleeping since being diagnose with pcns lymphoma a month ago. I seem to be better dealing with my anxiety and would like to wean off the afternoon dose. Would this cause withdrawal symptoms. Is chest tightness ever associated with withdrawal or could that be from the 4 mg. of steroids I am still taking?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 8 years ago.
Hi Marnie:

You state that you are taking .25 mg of Klonipin in the afternoon as well as .5 mg at night for sleep. You want to wean off the afternoon dose, which I understand to be the .25 mg dose. That small amount should not cause withdrawal symptoms, expecially if you keep taking the bedtime dose. Chest tightness is not associated with withdrawal, but it is listed as one of the side effects. You are cautioned to contact your doctor if you experience chest tightness. Please talk to your doctor.

You may wish to find a support group to help you cope with this illness. Start by asking your doctor or your local hospital about the support groups in your area. You may also wish to see a therapist who specializes in support for medical conditions.

For more information about Klonipin you may wish to try this link:

http://www.drugs.com/klonopin.html

Please let me know if this works for you. I wish you well. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your quick response. How much is deducted from my account if I accept this answer. Is it $9.00?

Marie
it is, and thank you very much. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Take care.