How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JR, M.A. Your Own Question
JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 184
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
JR, M.A. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What type of health care professional would I talk to for

Resolved Question:

what type of health care professional would I talk to for difficulties I am having dealing with Mean Girls at work? these "girls" are in their 50's and 60's and I am in my 50s. Management has had problems with them in the past but nothing is ever done. My husband says I need to know how to let things "roll off my back" better, since I don't handle conflict well and tend to cower from confrontation with women. I told him I want to get counseling but do not know where to go. Please advise?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 8 years ago.

I suggest you seek psychotherapy from a licensed clinical psychologist in your area. Psychotherapy can help you to better understand your problem with conflict and may help you improve your level of assertiveness. Either way, therapy can help you to channel your frustration into something productive and worthwhile. Your primary care doctor can probably give you a referral to see a psychologist. If not, you can use google to locate a clinical psychologist in your area. Call and set up an appointment for an initial evaluation.

Please click the green ACCEPT button so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.
JR, M.A. and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you