How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lively Your Own Question
Lively, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 260
Experience:  Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, 10 years experience working with individuals, couples, & families
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Lively is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In what circumstances would an educational pyschcologist be

Resolved Question:

In what circumstances would an educational pyschcologist be involved with a primary aged school child?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 8 years ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by an educational psychologist, but there are a few answers to your question that could apply. First, some psychologists have a degree that's abbreviated "Ed.D." which is technically a doctorate in education but these folks can be licensed as psychologists with further training and can then do all the same kinds of work as any other clinical psychologist, with any age group of clients.

If you're talking about a psychologist who specializes in educational assistance, this would usually mean a therapist who has special training in things like testing, learning styles, developmental paths, social/school development, and making educational accommodations for students who are having trouble. This kind of psychologist could work with students of any age from nursery school through university.

Lively and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you