How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Vikas Your Own Question
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2253
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Vikas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going through a separation with my wife and best friend

Customer Question

I am going through a separation with my wife and best friend of 11 years, I am not able to explain my actions to myself or anyone else. A psychiatric evaluation has been suggested, I agree. Do you?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Lively replied 8 years ago.
What's the harm in talking to someone? Talking to someone about such a big life choice, particularly if you're not understanding what is leading you to make it, can help you sort out your own motivations even if it doesn't save your marriage.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 8 years ago.

I can understand,it must be a very difficult time for you .Prior to give answer to your question, I need to know , how exactly are you feeling these days?

What about your sleep, appetite, general mood, working life?

Who has advised you to see a Psychiatrist and for what reason?