How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyPhysician Your Own Question
FamilyPhysician, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 12816
Experience:  Family Physician with over 23 years clinical experience treating patients with mental health issues
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
FamilyPhysician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Doctor say i hawe anxiety, but i dont think so, i hawe

Resolved Question:

Doctor say i hawe anxiety , but i dont think so , i hawe sceary images in my mind and i feel wery big scear inside me aqnd i feel like i can hurt sombody ..... i am so sceared , , ,
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  FamilyPhysician replied 8 years ago.
How long have you had these symptoms?

You mentioned that you have scary images - What type of images?

Are you taking any medications? Any drugs? Any alcohol?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

1. three months i hawe just panick attacks

and then i start hawe thet images , abaut 4 months ,,,

Images abaut hurt sombody , cut my litle girl , like thet

No i dont take any medication , or drugs or alcahol...

Expert:  FamilyPhysician replied 8 years ago.
I'm sure you understand that it is not possible to make a diagnosis over the internet - but I would agree with you that the symptoms that you describe are more than just a mild case of "anxiety".

I do believe that you urgently need to be evaluated by a psychiatrist. The best treatment approach (counseling and/or medication) would be determined after a comprehensive evaluation.

If you have active thoughts of harming yourself or someone else (you mentioned your little girl), you should immediately go to the closes A&E Department for an emergency evaluation.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I try to go to a&e before but thei just send me home and refer me to some nurses hu come to my house 1 time a week to tallk with me ,,,

I dont hawe thoughts i hawe images , like - what if i do thet ...

And then i check all time my self , what i say and what i do , i feel like in dream , like me its not me anymhore .........

I feel like this thoughts and imagas are not mine , like mine brine put this thoughts and images in my mind ... And all time i hawe fever 37.4

Expert:  FamilyPhysician replied 8 years ago.
In that case you need to speak with your GP about getting referred to a psychiatrist. Some of the symptoms that you discuss are suggestive of a more serious mental health problem that may need medication.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Did you mean psychiatrist - mental healt profesional .....

Becouse i been to hem 1 week ago and he say thet i hawe this becouse of my stress in past ..

Expert:  FamilyPhysician replied 8 years ago.
There are a number of "mental health professionals" including psychiatrists (physicians who have specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health problems), psychologists (non-physicians who diagnose and treat mental health problems by cognitive therapy - talking/counseling), and other types of counselors / nurses.

Here is a link that may help you find someone who can better help you:
FamilyPhysician and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you