How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Jef Burk Your Own Question
Dr Jef Burk
Dr Jef Burk, Doctor
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 2639
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr Jef Burk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter (43 years old) says she is being "gang stalked"

Resolved Question:

My daughter (43 years old) says she is being "gang stalked" by people who work in shifts to stalk and harrass her by making noise as she sleeps, using special high tech equipment to cause her pain right trhough the walls of her house and when I don't hear them says they have implanted something somewhere so that they know when she is sleeping or awake by measuring her breathing. She has lists of license plate numbers of people who follow her everywhere she goes, going into her home and damaging things (like scratches or broken momentos). IS don't believe her and when I read the web sites she speaks about, I say they are fiction. One site is:    She says this happens to her all the time and she is sleep deprived by the gang that stalks her. Is this something you have treated or heard of before?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr Jef Burk replied 8 years ago.

Sounds like your daughter is having paranoid delusions - you are correct she needs to see a psychiatrist - and soon.

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Dear Dr. Jef,

I don't like having to be such a stickler for a correct answer but what i'm looking for is a sugesstion to where I may go (on line) to read information that disputes the multitude of websites that portray this phenonama are genuine as opposed to fictional. Can you direct me? jDid you read the website I sent?

Thank you


Expert:  Dr Jef Burk replied 8 years ago.

This is primarily a site to answer medical questions and as a MD that is what I am qualified to do.

You'd need to look elsewhere for guidance on suitable websites I am afraid.

Patients who are delusional cannot be convinced that what they think is happening is not real - hence the necessity for a proper medical assessment and treatment.

Dr Jef
Dr Jef Burk and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you