How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JR, M.A. Your Own Question
JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 184
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
JR, M.A. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a case of depression. What should do seek

Customer Question

I have a case of depression. What should do seek medicalhelp,
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 8 years ago.
Hi Gill,

I suggest that you make an appointment to see a clinical psychologist to have an iniital evaluation done. You can find a number of a psychologist in the phone book. The psychologist will be able to make an appropriate referral for medication if he or she feels that you could benefit from meds. My suggestion would be to seek out therapy first. If you would like medication, you need to see a psychiatrist to get a med evaluation.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.
JR, M.A. and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I need to see a psychrist. I need one. I am sad.