How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JR, M.A. Your Own Question
JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 184
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
JR, M.A. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My problem is very personal,it involves things that are

Resolved Question:

my problem is very personal,it involves things that are meant to be secret it plays on my mind all day long.for example,presidents, primeministers,lotteries horseracing,casinos recent financial hoax icelandic bank pretending to have lost money northern rock etc.All the news readers no matter how sincere they appear cannot convince me about that any of these things along with so many other items are in anyway true.Can you please help me to stop analysing everything.I have alot more to say butcnnot put it all into words but I would like to stop.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Optional Information:
Age: 60; Male, United Kingdom
Already Tried:
I have told my gen practioners these problems.I also have alot of difficulty understanding how things work esp. mechanical things learning things and memory has always been a big problem.My doctors say I should learn to relax I do alot of swimming and cycling which is great.I take amitrptline and pain killers.
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 8 years ago.

It sounds like you are having certain obsessions that you cannot get rid of no matter how hard you try. It also sounds like you are having some trouble thinking clearly and organizing your thoughts. I think you should make an appointment to see a psychiatrist and a psychologist. Based on what you are saying to me, I think you could benefit from some medication and psychotherapy. Make an appointment to see a psychiatrist and potentially ask him or her for a referral to a good psychotherapist. I can't be sure about what exactly is going on just based on what you said above, but I am sure that you need to get in to see a mental health professional soon.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy!
JR, M.A. and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you