How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JR, M.A. Your Own Question
JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 184
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
JR, M.A. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is a 15 year old boy who a few years ago decided to

Customer Question

There is a 15 year old boy who a few years ago decided to eat more healthy foods. Today he is fairly extreme and eats no "junk" foods at all. He hasn't eaten chocolate in years. Currently he has began throwing things out that belong to him. He has to have everything of his out of the house completely. he currently owns three t-shirts and a pair of track pants. Is there something wrong with him?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Optional Information:
Age: 15; Male, Australia
Already Tried:
We have tried talking to this boy. He is far to rigid. He refuses to change his routine. His brother asked to have one of the things that the boy Luke, was throwing out and he flatly refused. He wants it all completely gone. His family is getting worried.
Expert:  JR, M.A. replied 8 years ago.
Hi laces,

Yes, this behavior is quite odd. I'm not sure that I can tell you exactly what is going on here, but there is definitely a pretty serious issue. He needs to have a psychological evaluation done. His behavior seems to be escalating and I'm concerned about the rigidity of his behavior. You are right to be worried because this type of behavior reflects some pretty serious psychological problems. Try to get this kid in to see a psychiatrist or psychologist. He needs a complete psychological evaluation.

If you found this answer to be helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated!