JR, M.A.
JR, M.A., Mental Health Professional
Experience:  I have a master's degree in clinical psychology and am currently finishing my doctoral degree.
11111309

About two years ago i was diagnosed with Anxiety depression

Hello, about two years ago i was diagnosed with Anxiety depression disorder and was on Prozac ,, i have since changed meds to Lexapro. But i know have some questions about what the problems really was or is... i have been reading alot about ADHD and took the Wurs test and scored in the 90's.. i went to see my wife's Phschiatrist and he felt that i had Bi Polar II disorder.. how ever there is no family history and i do not have manic periods.. my bigest issues are with focus, i always feel like i have a 100 tv's on in my head at the same time... plus i have a hard time getting started and finishing things... i also have a problem with not thinking through decsision very well... when i was a child i was serverly shy, in school i was very well manored but underachieved... to keep me focused they put me on a progress daily progress report... as a teenager i had apx 5 or 6 mild concusions and one major.. i dont know what treatment is best, ***** ***** care is strating me on stratterra.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Optional Information:
Age: 38; Male, Maryland
Hi adk,
<br />
<br />It sounds like you are reporting symptoms that are common in attention deficit disorder. You did not report hyperactivity, but it may be that you are experiencing predominantly attentional problems. I am concerned about the head injuries because they may be exacerbating your attentional problems. I do not believe you have a bipolar disorder, but I do believe there is certainly a possibility of ADD. I have the following recommendations: 1) Go to see a neuropsychologist and have some neuropsychological testing done. Your head injuries may be impacting more than you realize. 2) Follow through with the medication from your PCP, as this may help with your attentional problems.
<br />
<br />If you found this answer helpful, please click ACCEPT so that I get paid for my work. Bonuses are greatly appreciated if you found my answer worthy.