How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RunTam38 Your Own Question
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1805
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
RunTam38 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a senior and being stalked because he thinks that he can

This answer was rated:

I'm a senior and being stalked because he thinks that he can get away with it. It's been about a year and a half and I can't go to the police-too many people in on this. Who will listen to my story?
If you really can't go to the police, try going directly to the local district attorney's office. DA's offices all have investigators who can, if necessary, conduct investigations independently of the local police agencies.

You can also go to civil court and file a petition for a restraining order against the person who is stalking you. You may need an attorney to help you with this. If you don't have one, try contacting the local county bar association, which will probably have a lawyer referral service.

If you let me know where you are, I can give a source of contact information for both the DA's office and the bar association.

Edit: Your optional information and "already tried" information showed up after I posted this, so I see you have already contacted the DA's office and the FBI.

Is this doctor the person who is stalking you? What do you mean that you can't go to the police because "too many people are in on it". In on what, exactly?
RunTam38 and other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The doctor followed me at least once but he is not the stalker. There is so much to tell and it is so unbelieveable that I'm concerned that I can't prove any of this. The stalker has me to the point that I don't want to leave the house. I do of course but my life has been turned upside down. When I do try to go out and be more active he starts coming around me more until I just give up. He knows a lot of people and I believe they think that he is cute and that there isn't anything wrong in what he is doing. He dresses as a man sometimes and a woman too. He drives other peoples car when he follows me. I bought a new black car last year and he started driving a white one from the same auto maker.
What kind of report did the doctor file and what does it have to do with the stalker?<br /><br />Everyone knows a lot of people ... why do you think he knows someone at the police department that would make it impossible for you to go there?<br /><br />Other than following you around, is he doing anything else? Is he threatening you?<br />
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I need to tell you the reason that he wrote this report. I'll try to make this short. I went to a new doctor. When the doctor came back to see me it was the stalker. He was wearing a wig and a false nose. He shook hands with me and his hands were rough and hard. I thought my life was in danger. I went along with everything. His first words were "we have a lot to talk about." I'm a diabetic and he didn't examine me (thank goodness). He said that my blood pressure was high and it wasn't that high. But he wanted to know why it was high. I told him that I worry a lot. He wanted me to tell him about what I worry about. I told him that I have a stalker and he wanted to know about him. I told him what he did. He then told me to take pain meds from over the counter and went out to the front desk and told the staff that I had fallen for it. He wanted my son to come with me next time probably because the real doctor would be there and that I might fall apart. He wrote down that I was delusional (spelling?) and ordered prozac. I don't know if he knows anyone at the police dept. And I'm not taking prozac. I know what I've said is hard to believe and I understand if you don't believe me.
I have been away for a court matter today, so this is the first chance I've had to respond to you here.

There is no further legal information that I can give you which would be helpful to your situation. However, it may well be that some kind of health assistance would be appropriate. Therefore, I am going to opt out of this question and refer it to another group of our experts who may be able to provide the further assistance you need.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.



Thank You Run Tam 38. Customer/p>